Precision Lathe PD 230/E
For spindle speeds from 100 to 3,000 rpm. Useable on materials such as plastic, steel, brass, aluminium.
Complete with automatic feed, thread cutting facility, gear chuck, live centre and top slide for taper turning. Used to part, machine stock and cut tapers.
The numerous optional accessories enable one to drill, mill and slot.
- Centre distance 230 mm, swing 56 mm.
- Height over cross slide 28 mm.
- Cross slide travel 60 mm and top slide 45 mm.
- Tool holder for cutters 8 x 8 mm.
- Spindle bore 10.5 (spindle run out 0.01 mm without chuck), with MT 1 (short).
- Fitted with precision ball bearings.
- The thread cutting facility yields the most important pitches: 0.5 - 0.625 - 0.7 - 0.75 - 0.8 - 1.0 - 1.25 - 1.5 mm (metric).
- Spindle speeds of 300, 900 and 3,000 rpm are provided.
- The automatic feed may be set either 0.05 or 0.1 mm/revolution.
- Tailstock barrel feed of 30 mm and MT 1 (short).
- The capacitor motor operates at 220 - 240 Volt, 50 Hz mains with 140 W input / 60 W output as well as bi-directional operation.
- Workpieces are fitted to the 3 jaw chuck (2 - 35 mm) and with outside jaws (24 - 68 mm).
- Feed knobs have a feed of 1 mm/revolution.
- Each revolution is calibrated in 40 divisions, with one division = 0.025 mm.
- Weight approx. 10 kg.
- Overall dimensions approx. 530 x 250 x 150 mm.
The quality is clear to the touch and sight. The PD 230/E is made for people which are associated with quality. It is not necessary to have the proficiency of a trained mechanician to handle the PD 230/E.
- Gear casing with table showing the suitable cutting speed corresponding to material and diameter.
- Headstock spindle with 10.5 mm bore and MT 1 taper.
- Main switch with emergency stop function and restart protection.
- 3 jaw chuck, 2 - 68 mm capacity.
- Note: The top slide, used for taper turning, and the tool holder are included as standard!
- MT 1 live centre included as standard.
- Handwheels with adjustable scales.
1 division = 0.025 mm.
1 revolution = 1 mm.
- The lathe bed is of cast iron with ground prism for tool rest and tailstock, ensuring minimal deflection even at high loads.
- The automatic feed may be set to either 0.05 or 0.1 mm/revolution.
- Combination of 3 speeds (attained by swapping drive belt position) and electronic speed control yield speeds of 100 to 3,000 rpm.